“I AM THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE”
†Funerals at Divine Mercy Catholic Church†
The death of a loved one is a time of sorrow for family and friends. For believers, this grief is filled with hope because Our Lord Jesus Christ is risen and has opened the Gates of Paradise to the faithful. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is celebrated at a Catholic Funeral to give glory to God, to pray for the soul of the departed, and to comfort the mourners. It reminds the living of the importance of being prepared to meet God. We also wish to honor the memory of the deceased.
Generally, the casket or urn is brought to the Church for the Funeral Mass. A Memorial Mass with cremains, and a Memorial Service without cremains, can also be celebrated. Funeral Masses at Divine Mercy Catholic Church are arranged with our Bereavement Ministry. Burials or interments take place after Mass, or other arrangements can be made.
Funeral Masses are not held on:
Sundays, Holy Days of Obligation,
Paschal Triduum, and National Holidays
May Christ Our Savior grant mercy and peace to your departed loved one, and comfort you in your time of grief.
The Priests and staff of Divine Mercy Catholic Church are here to be of assistance to you in your time of need. Please call Antoinette Schultz, Bereavement Ministry Head, in the parish office, 321-452-5955, ext. 111 for more information or assistance.
Prearrange Your Funeral
Did you know that you can prearrange your funeral to have it done your way? It is never too early to plan the funeral service that you want.
- How do I make my funeral plans? Simply call Antoinette Schultz, 321-452-5955, x. 111 at the parish office to schedule an appointment to plan your funeral.
- Is it done confidentially? Absolutely! You may bring anyone you wish to the meeting. “The plans that are made at the meeting, stay at the meeting.”
- Who has a copy of my prearranged plans? You, whomever you give a copy to, and the parish office.
- How much should I expect to pay for a funeral service at Divine Mercy?
- Musicians: $100
- Church: donation appreciated
- Priest performing the service: donation appreciated